Saturday, January 08, 2011

On January 1st. I thought...


Wow! It is hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone. This was my first Christmas with the family and friends of Pisgah, and I have been mightily blessed by being with you. The Christmas blessings began showering down early in the month with the United Methodist Women Christmas meeting, where...I learned a lot about some women whom I thought were meek and sweet. When it came to "taking" what they wanted, well...they took it. I don't remember who got the jar of butterflies or the stained glass nativity, but they were well fought-over gifts! The party was great fun, great food with a great group of God's women! Blessings galore!

The music this year from the groups of gifted singers and musicians was a blessing to me too, and also a blessing to God. The Bells of Praise concert filled the sanctuary with the glory of praise, laughter, and love. I was blessed that the group let me join them this year. Believe me, it was a sacrifice on their part. They had to put up with me messing them up every chance I got. They even smiled through it all! Added blessings!

The choir also blessed me and the whole church with the Christmas cantata. I heard many people comment how beautiful the music was and how much they enjoyed seeing Cale Thornburg nearly fall backwards into Jackie Reep's lap! The flapping arms was him wind-milling...not exuberant choir directing. Some extra blessings!

What can I say to express how touching the children's Christmas play was? The kids did an absolutely fantastic job. I was proud of their and their leaders hard work in putting it all together. I was so blessed by their singing, their speaking parts, and their solos. God has graced us with a wonderful and talented group of kids who love Jesus and show us all how to love and be in the world. Abundant blessings!

Our Christmas Eve service filled me with the peace of Christ in a very special way. As we all came together and filled the church (to capacity), sang together, heard the Christmas story read, and received the Gospel message as presented by the Pisgah youth...I felt the presence of God with us. Those tears on our cheeks were tears of joy, brought by God working through the ministry of our youth and their leaders. So many blessings!

What I want to say is thank you! Thank you for the gifts of laughter, fun, love, hugs, music, grace, friendship, and oh yes, the "Edwina Piggy" gift. I give thanks to God for you, and for Jesus who is with us all. No more darkness for us; our way is forever lit by the presence of Jesus, the one born to save us. Hallelujah! Light has come!

To all the saints of Pisgah UMC, I pray for God's blessings on you in 2011 and always.

No comments: